sexta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2016



DJ Meme and David Guetta in the studio !!!

The legendary DJ Meme account as meet David Guetta did lose prejudices about the French; Guetta, in turn, publishes photo tearing praise for the Brazilian.

Meme, the DJ veteran and Rio music producer who pioneered the remix and house music in Brazil and considered our DJ most famous abroad, has some celebrated friends in the music world such as Shakira, Roberto Carlos, Lulu Santos, David Morales and the late Frankie Knuckles. What no one imagined - and probably not even he - is that also become friends with David Guetta, artist with which it has nothing in common ethical and aesthetic terms. As it happened if they finish knowing and sharing a lot of time in the studio, not to make music together, but in an experiment in which shared experiences and personal aspirations, and ultimately strengthening ties.


The Guetta himself posted on his Instagram a photo thanking Meme:


I greatly appreciate the DJ Meme to be the best host possible here in the musical world of Rio. We are in his studio. We do not do the same music, but speak the same language because we come from the same original school house music. Lot of respect for this man who carries such passion.

Below Meme account to us how was this story and how he changed his mind and lost the prejudices I had about the French:

I am privileged. Lucky, once said Maria Doria, mother of my children. Translate this by luck that I have to 'stumble' in certain opportunities that others do not. Well ... Opportunity generates opportunity if you know how to multiply, right?

Everyone knows that LOVE music, and for her I'm here today. Well, the story I tell is a real proof of what I say above. Come on:

A few years ago, when I had a nine-year career as a DJ, I got an opportunity that changed my life: I went to work in radio. Ali had a much wider access to the world of music. There, among other things, I understood as a new song comes on the air; how to make a recorded program; as the record function; how to speak into the microphone to an entire country and live, and something else that is exactly the theme of our subject today and generated other SO many other opportunities for me: I learned to cut, edit and reassemble entire songs, which led me to be one of the first remixers in the country.

This opportunity of remixes opened me up a world even than the radio limits: A MUSICAL PRODUCTION!

What can be better in life who is so fond of music, to create your own music, make your own sound, 'bend' the music of others to be like you want it to sound? ANYTHING! Nothing could have this greatness. But the greatest treasure, the greatest opportunity that it generated, was to meet interesting people that can surprise you and somehow add something to your life. Between executives and music workers, artists are really something special.

Artists are complex people. I am complex, then, being in touch with ordinary people do not HAVE TO BE GOOD. I, for one, love to meet someone to convince me of the opposite of what I believe. He found a better argument than mine, earned my respect forever ... and my friendship.

Among these people I met who were able to do this to me, one of them is this man who is in the photo: DAVID GUETTA. A human being who was born around the same time as me, so certainly has a similar musical history, which facilitated VERY our interaction.

Collab? Making music together? New pop track with Guetta? Shit! That never happened.

David came to Brazil for six events, and when he arrived at Rio de Janeiro, asked his businessman who arrumasse a studio for him and his team, and in this studio he would record some sounds with Brazilian musicians. End!

'Carayo where I will fix it for him?' Thought Luiz Eurico, his manager in Brazil. Luiz phoned one of his Rio DJs, my friend Leo Janeiro, repeated: 'Carayo where I will fix it for him?'. But then Leo had the following idea: 'On pro Meme. It solves. " And so it was done.

What the hell ... Two friends calling me and asking for help to solve something that is my thing: STUDIOS AND MUSICIANS. Of course yes! I called two studios. I chose one. Negotiated price. I called for such musicians. Negotiated price. I called back and said, 'SOLVED ALL' (cost me 20 minutes).

David was gracious and called me right away. Thanked and invited me to attend and meet your team. I went.

Ali, attended completely normal things for me. There was led panels, champagne, fireworks, scantily clad dancers or people taking ecstasy. There was an artist producing his own album and creating music with his musicians, slowly, in his time, stopping for dinner, choosing a chicken with bakery crumbs near the studio + a mango juice Bibi juices, going to the bathroom and napping once and then, to make up for sleepless nights. I did it myself countless times in the studio. Once they found me sitting on the floor and taking a nap in the closet where they keep the microphones. A shame [laughs].

Well, back to the studio with David. I arrived, sat down and did not give any suggestion. I did away my office and I was on my laptop working on rolling workshop 28th and answering emails arriving every hour. Now and then I heard something cool and raised his head giving a smile for them. I did not say anything. I arranged an armchair and there was.

On the second day, when we were each in his laptop, he turned to me out of nowhere and asked the question: 'Meme, how is your life?'. I wondered at the time, but I told some things. I spoke of my children, of my travels, my work and the people we know in common. So, I was courteous and asked how was his life. He told several things. I realized we had in common passages and ideas, but much more than that, I realized how it is cool, simple and mimimi. With only two days the man trusted me to confide certain plans in 2016 as the reduction of their touring schedule to devote more time to the studio and your family, and others that I can not repeat here. I also realized that, like myself and many think he is not the devil wearing Prada with a trident written EDM that will stick my ass and make me throw cake in someone's face, after taking the shirt and I shoot from the stage.

30 I play in Warung, and their songs do not fit in my set. Now he plays in Saturday RJ, and certainly my songs do not fit in his September We are not interesting to make music together. Our music now is very different, although we are contemporaries. The idea was not that. I was not there for that. Or we touched on this, but then I ended up giving a pitaco and a boost in another artist to work with him, and that roll will be the maximum for both. Even the song 'Eyes', Vintage Culture, I took a stick and advised him to play this weekend. If bowling is going to be 'stampede', as the Marlboro.

David is a nice guy who knows how to live life with the advantages and disadvantages of being who you are. David has a very good head for artistic size it has. Like. I sent him for whatsapp the pictures we took in the studio because he wants to keep.

Today it all to my studio because there is no more vague time in the studio where he was recording. From there, we marked a reservation at a restaurant at 22h for dinner. On Saturday, if I can, I go to his show at the Riocentro to drink something before the show, and maybe a pizza afterwards. What else? Hmmmm ... I think only.

Ready. Recorded history and satisfaction given to the haters and fans ... Even though I did not need it.

Ah ... On the songs I was recording? Man ... I do not remember. I was not there to spy, despite being in the studio 80% of the time. Emails consumed my time and electronic music production workshop is coming. I have to give my best, just as it also does in his work.

Hi??? If it produces the same or if others do for him? [laughs] You really believe that? They find that it is there to this day without holding the reins own ?? [laughs] Tolinhos.


It's always nice to delete certain urban myths of his head, as only intelligent people give themselves the right to change his mind.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário